Premier Visiting Nurse offers a comprehensive total joint rehabilitation program for adults of all ages. This program is designed to meet the specific needs of surgical joint patients who will benefit from specialized rehabilitation at home. The services are customized for each patient’s individual needs. Physicians may choose to order all available program benefits for their adult patients or they can select only those applicable to the patients’ need.
Joint Care services available at Premier Visiting Nurse include:
- Physical Therapy evaluation, usually within 24 hours of acute-care discharge.
- Physical therapy as indicated up to 5 days a week to meet intensive therapy needs.
- Occupational therapy evaluation as indicated.
- Extensive patient education regarding physical, rehabilitation and medical issues.
- Home safety evaluation performed by therapist.
- Fall prevention assessment and personalized safety training for each patient.
- Bedside monitoring of Coumadin® levels with logging system to track all results and dosing.
- Anticoagulation protocol standing orders option.
- Staple removal and ongoing monitoring of incision site.
- Skilled nursing and personal care assistance as needed.
- HME coordination.
- Onsite intake prior to patient discharge from health care facility.